Mediobanca Private Banking supports its clients in wealth planning, offering them a distinctive service which is confidential, quick and thorough. Mediobanca Private Banking’s offering consists of wealth planning solutions tailored to meet the objectives of its clients and their families as coherently and effectively as possible.
The objective in Wealth Planning is to support clients through ongoing analysis and assessment of the regulations, jurisprudence and practices entailed by the various governance and asset protection instruments with a view to providing diverse solutions with the aim of:
- Defining the optimal ways of organizing and means of holding wealth;
- Using adequate instruments to protect wealth and help plan for its transition from one generation to another;
- Identify the best means of holding investments in companies within a group, assessing the tax implications of transferring them, and facilitating management of collateral, plus other operational issues entailed by the process of closing such transactions;
- Defining the tax and operational aspects for investment vehicle companies, such as AIFs, real estate funds, etc., and managing the statutory and tax implications raised by the process of designing and implementing club deals executed via investment vehicles;
- Assessing the tax and statutory issues raised by the possibility of individuals relocating physically, especially with reference to the regulations introduced to encourage non-Italian nationals to become tax resident in Italy.
The Wealth Advisory Mandate also allows a process to be structured in order to identify the best solutions to meet clients’ needs in terms of assessing and planning wealth composition, analysing relations between family, business and wealth, and seeking out wealth protection solutions.
This activity enables full and complete mapping of the wealth situation, and lays the foundation for the next steps in terms of generational transfer, asset protection, restructuring the ownership arrangements for industrial/financial groups and/or setting up trusts. In this respect, the activity is performed working closely with the Group’s product companies, in particular Spafid S.p.A. for fiduciary activities, and with Spafid Trust Company Srl for trustee and trust guardian activities.
Last revision: 10 May 2021